Lightbulb Moment

Lightbulb drink in Hongdae


Everyone gets to that point right? When they realise that they have achieved nothing productive in their life and have that lightbulb moment? Then they do something really drastic... Right? RIGHT? No? Just me? Ok, well… that happened.

What I was doing

Since I graduated from University with a degree in Fashion and Culture Journalism, I had worked various jobs, mainly in PR and Marketing. I was doing fairly well for myself before I left, working in a marketing department for an independent company, travelling the world on business trips and living in a great apartment (with lovely high ceilings) with my then boyfriend.

What happened?

I don’t know. Everything seemed to fall apart and totally blindsided me. I went through a pretty nasty and dramatic breakup, I didn’t see myself advancing at work and all of a sudden my friends were all settled and I was out of the loop. It is a strange feeling to suddenly feel unstable after several years of being so comfortable. It is genuinely like the ground disappearing beneath your feet and continually falling but you don’t know where you will land.

What I’m doing now
So I decided that enough was enough and I wasn’t going to let myself stew in this gloomy enclosure anymore and looked into things I could do. By gloomy enclosure I mean my Mum’s house… slight exaggeration but it makes for good reading.

I had previously been on a business trip to South Korea and had fallen in love with the country. So I thought to myself ‘HEY, WHY DON’T I JUST MOVE TO KOREA?!’ This was a moment of either pure genius, or the dumbest thought of my life – I haven’t quite decided yet. So I started looking into how I could move and decided to take a stab at teaching English! I started looking for teaching jobs in late June/Early July and a month later I had arrived at Incheon Airport in South Korea and started my new life as a Kindergarten teacher in Songdo, Incheon!

Then my school closed down.

BUT NOW, I am working at a new school in Seoul!

I’m going to use this blog to document my life here, give advice to people planning to move to Korea or even to give recommendations to people who are just visiting. I am interested from everything like culture and food to K-Beauty and fashion so I hope you will enjoy reading this just as much as I will enjoy posting here!



Comments

Popular Posts